Friday 23 October 2015

Lemon and Yoghurt Cake slices

My first ever post on this blog was a lemon drizzle cake. This cake has been one of my favorites for a log time now. But sometimes, I think it is important to change and try new recipes. I thought about  ways to make an ordinary lemon drizzle cake much fluffier and even more moist. Adding yoghurt to the recipe, gives the cake an interesting twist and the perfect amount of moist and creamy texture.






 The first time I made this cake, was when we had guests over. I didn't have enough butter on hand and I needed a quick cake. So I used plain natural yoghurt to add moistness to the cake and I pured it into a square pan. After 20-30 minutes the cake was baked and I only had to pour some lemon icing on top, add some lemon zest and let it cool for a bit. After that, I cut it into squares and placed it on a nice plate. Everybody that came, immediately took a little piece and devoured it with delight.
Within a short time, all the pieces were gone. The mixture of sweet and sour accompanied by the aroma of frehly grated lemon zest makes this cake taste so fresh and irresistible.







Ingredients:

3 large eggs
2 organic lemons
150g butter
220g sugar
120g natural yoghurt
270g flour
2 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp powdered sugar







Preparation:

Put the eggs, softened butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix it with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the finely grated zest of one lemon, the juice of one lemon and the yoghurt and mix again until it is all nicely incorporated. After that, add the flour and baking powder and mix it in until it is all incorporated. Pour the batter into a greased square pan and bake it in the preheated oven at 180° for about 20-30 minutes or until it is golden brown on top.
While the cake ist in the oven,  prepare the lemon drizzle: Mix the juice of two lemons with the powdered sugar. When the cake is out of the oven, pinch it with a fork and put little holes all over it. The, drizzle the lemon-sugar drizzle on top and decorate with some freshly grated lemon zest. Let it cool completely and cut it into squares.





No comments:

Post a Comment